Media Training for Pharmaceuticals
Drugs are always a rich area for media interest. Industry spokespeople need to explain their position carefully and possess the media skills to avoid reputational damage when the unexpected happens.
Being bullet-proof under pressure is an essential requirement for executives within the pharmaceutical industry.
For the past 12 years Hawkeye Media has been working with pharmaceutical companies internationally assisting with:
- media training
- crisis media training
- providing the media element to crisis incident training
- producing training videos
Skills learnt include:
- an understanding of how the media works and what makes news in order to predict, understand and engage with the media effectively
- the ability to identify and communicate key messages, whatever the situation and to whichever audience
- the skills to deflect hostile questions diplomatically
- response to crisis events. How to manage the media and what to release and when
- the psychological and the practical tools to become a confident, relaxed and effective communicator.
“We have worked with Helen Glanville of Hawkeyemedia on our Novartis account for the past five years. The crisis media training sessions with senior management were engaging, relevant and memorable. Her feedback was perceptive and delivered diplomatically! The simulated news bulletins, documentaries and training videos were delivered on time, on budget and precisely to brief. They not only look good but perform an important role in training the Novartis Emergency Management Team. Hawkeye Media is our partner of choice”